x
 Use Facebook account
or
Register  \/ 
x
 Use Facebook account
or

REFEREE PRODUCTS

Our forum is proudly sponsored by #1 Referee Store in the world: www.RefereeStore.com

TOPIC: Interesting things from PA West Open tournament

Interesting things from PA West Open tournament 2 years 6 months ago #30530

I had a couple of interesting occurrences during my games at the second weekend of PA West's Open Tournament (travel league tournament).

First, I got to cross an item off my referee bucket list...I showed a YC to a bench player for dissent. With the sidelines being very tight for the tournament, we were constantly asking team to move back from the line so ARs could see the whole line clearly. A ball went out of play on the attacking line of AR1 and I looked back just to double check his indication and got a great big shrug of the shoulders as he indicated he, once again, couldn't see the whole line. I politely asked the girls (U-19) to move back so we could see the line and let them know that the game behind them was finished and they had more room. One player who was sitting on the team cooler, jumped up and angrily jerked the cooler back a couple feet and muttered "this is bullshit". It was only loud enough for me and her close teammates to hear, so I went YC instead of RC for OFFINABUS.

Secondly, I had a goal keeper get stung by a bee during the game. My first concern when he said he got stung was whether he was allergic or not. I immediately asked him if he was allergic (play had already stopped with the ball out of play) and once I determined that he wasn't, he left the field. I'm guessing they may have been in the goal somewhere.

There was another great story from a friend's game but that one is better told in private conversation. :ohmy: It was definitely a SMH moment.
Grade 7 - PA West
Call it if you see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Interesting things from PA West Open tournament 2 years 6 months ago #30563

I've had two players have asthmatic attacks during the games. Luckily they were smart and had the inhaler on the bench sideline. Cold weather and exercise exertion are the two most frequent factors,- in the one I advised the parent to take the child to their car to warm up.
No bee stings yet...!!!

Interesting things from PA West Open tournament 2 years 6 months ago #30564

I've had the same thing happen to me, Samuel. One was the goalkeeper on the other end of the field from where the play was happening and I never would have known until the bench and trail AR started yelling at me. Scary situation but she had her inhaler. Quick GK change so she could get her inahler and was back in 15 minutes later to finish the game.

Comments