x
 Use Facebook account
or
Register  \/ 
x
 Use Facebook account
or

REFEREE PRODUCTS

Our forum is proudly sponsored by #1 Referee Store in the world: www.RefereeStore.com

TOPIC: First Violent Conduct sendoff

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22428

Now in my years of refereeing I have issued some red cards none of which have been for VC, except for last night I had my first.

BU14 match
Home team color: Yellow
Visting team color: Blue

score at the time of the incident Yellow:0 Blue:5

Blue is taking a CK, after the ball sails to the opposite side of the field Yellow number 5 throws an elbow to the side of the face of Blue 3. I blew the whistle and ran to where both players were standing in the penalty area, as i was doing that blue 3 gave a moderate push to yellow 5, When I arrived I instantly showed the red card to yellow 5, made sure he left the field and then went back and cautioned blue 3. Then I awarded the penalty kick for the foul.

here are some issues that I would like to discuss
1) The order of cards, one of my AR's said I should have shown the yellow card first then the red card, but I wanted to get that player off the field so nothing else would happen

2) Not signaling for the PK right away instead running over to manage the players before it turned into a mass confrontation.

3) The yellow card to blue 3 the other coach said that should have been a red card for VC as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22431

I think you are spot on in terms of 1) and 2)...deal with the big issue: stop the escalation, show the red for the first foul, card the second, THEN deal with the PK

3) Can't say as I wasn't there..it's your call. I gave a red send off for a push to the chest of player, so the coach could have a point ITOOTR

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22432

Mike Monce wrote:
I think you are spot on in terms of 1) and 2)...deal with the big issue: stop the escalation, show the red for the first foul, card the second, THEN deal with the PK

3) Can't say as I wasn't there..it's your call. I gave a red send off for a push to the chest of player, so the coach could have a point ITOOTR

As to 3) I could see an argument for a red card, personally it would have had to be a little more forceful, also not that it's an excuse but you really can not reasonably expect a player to do nothing after getting an elbow to the face. Again it's not an excuse for any misconduct but I am less strict when dealing with a victim of Violent Conduct.

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22433

Agreed. Deal with the biggest problem first (red card), that should limit the escalation. Once that's sorted, then you start the conversation of caution and PK.

In terms of yellow or red for the push? Depends how hard the push is and if you deem it to be excessive. That's all ITOOTR.

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22448

Sounds like you got it all right. As Mike said, hard to tell with not being there. But look at it from the perspective of the blue player. He just took one to the face. If you show red there, the pots aren't balanced. One red for an elbow to the face and one for shoving the player back. That doesn't seem very balanced to me.
Utah - Grade 6
Let's Enjoy

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22453

Always deal with VC immediately. You were spot on. Sprinting in blowing the snot out of your whistle with the red card already in hand is a typical approach to dealing with violent conduct. SFP and other red cards may not require the same urgency but that is situation by situation.
USSF Grade 6

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22469

Sounds like you did it perfectly IMO.

Unless it's a hard shove, a little push after an elbow to the face might even get just a stern talking to. A yellow is prudent to calm both sides however. A red is going to enrage the originally fouled team, most likely, unless their player really shoved the guy HARD or took a swing at him.

Of course that's all ITOOTR, but sounds like a good job. THE most important thing is being THERE quickly and blowing everyone's eardrums out with the whistle on the way in, IMO.

First Violent Conduct sendoff 3 years 2 months ago #22503

Thank you all for the feedback

Comments